Pages

Thursday 29 May 2014

badminton recount story


"Line up at the door!" shouted Mrs Jacobsen "we are going to Badminton."

"WOW!" I said. Every Thursday my maths class and I have been learning all about badminton. We have been going for the last 2 weeks. We learnt 2 different serves like forehand and backhand grips. 
Backhand grip is when your fingers and your thumb are facing you. What is  forehand? Forehand is when your hands are facing away from you like you are shaking  hands but with your racket.


Our coaches Danny and Robby are from Auckland Badminton.   I learnt how to play around the world with rackets in the badminton version. Around the world is when we are in a big line and our coaches hit the shuttle to us one at a time then we have to hit it back to them and run to the back of the line. I learnt to play by listening and following the instructions.

Some of the rules that you have to follow to play badminton are, no playing with the strings on the racket, respect the coaches, no banging rackets on the floor, no breaking shuttles and always have fun.

  Learning about badminton has been the best experience ever. What I expect next time  is we should have badminton for 10 weeks. The part I enjoyed the most is playing badminton and having fun with my classmates. I especially liked having fun with  my  coach he was really cool. I had heaps of fun and can't wait until our next lesson.

1 comment:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.